15 things you should really know before you date a girl who's into fashion | Cosmopolitan
1. No matter how many clothes we own, we will always appreciate a Zara voucher for birthdays/christmas/anniversaries/justbecauseyouloveusdays
2. In the absence of any girlfriends being over, you are expected to sit and say 'very nice darling' when we show you all of our new purchases in a mini-fashion-show.
3. Although we ask you to be honest about what we're wearing, what we really mean is, be complimentary
4. Sometimes we want to look 'lovely' sometimes we want to look 'hot' and sometimes we want to look 'cool' - we expect you to work out when and never call us one when we're looking to hear the other
5. If we say the words "I need to pack for holiday", run. Run. And don't come back for approximately six hours
6. We will go out without a jacket if we don't have one that goes with our outfit. So remember to take your own and get ready to freeze as we will be wearing it by the end of the night.
7. You will often look at something we're wearing and literally not understand any of it, but that's okay.
8. They may look good on, but no woman has ever got out of skinny jeans sexily. Unless you're turned on by an awkward wiggle-peel down the thighs and then it getting stuck on our socks and ankles so you need someone to yank them off while you dislocate your hip, just turn around.
9. We'll spend all of our last money after rent on clothes, not food or life. You may think this is frivolous but is it any more so than spending it on a CD where you can virtually shoot people? We need to be clothed or we would be arrested. You don't need to shoot zombies.
10. We'll take longer than average in the loo because we like wearing jumpsuits, and they can be an issue.
11. If, somehow, we both end up in a similar outfit, please be the bigger person and change. We can guarantee that your striped top and black jeans took two seconds to choose, whereas we spent half an hour trying to find the jeans that weren't saggy in the knee.
12. We'll say that we have nothing to wear a LOT. We know this isn't true, you know it isn't true but what we mean is we have nothing to wear RIGHT NOW THAT WE WANT TO WEAR. Just nod along. Don't try and pull items out or you will be mauled like a very very hungry lion.
13. You don't need to be super fashionable for us to like you. You just have to deal with us.
14. We get really excited by designer collaborations/sample sales and may go to extremes to get the queue at 4am two weeks in advance to get our mitts on the H&M and Balmain stock. Just don't get involved (or bring us snacks).
15. Don't try and buy us clothes for our birthday. It's really, really sweet of you. But unless you've remembered me saying I loved it in store a few hours ago, I've most likely bought something similar already/gone off it.
Read the article at Cosmopolitan