10 things you need to know before you set up a blog | Cosmopolitan
Whilst the fabulous Cosmopolitan Blog Awards were in full-swing, we managed to grab some of our winning bloggers to get their top tips on what every girl should know before starting a blog. It's not all pretty flowers and freebies, ya know:
1. "It needs to be easy to navigate and clean, as well as visually appealing!"
- Lilah, DJ and host
2. "You don't have to have the best camera as iPhones have great ones these days."
- Brogan at Brogan Tate XO
3. "You need to have a passion for writing as well as for taking photos."
- Catherine at Vintage Frills
4. "Do your research, always look at magazines or what's online, and start from the basics. "
- Laura at The Pixie Cut
5. "Stay honest; if you try and be like someone else, your blog is never going to work because you have to be that person 24 hours a day."
- Carly at Carly Rowena
6. "Chat to readers as people and they'll respond to that. If you sound like a robot, they'll know!"
- Bianca at Pretty Hungry
7. "Don't worry about what other people are doing; show your personality. There are so many trends that people follow so be individual."
- Rebecca and Phoebe at So You're Getting Married
8. "Be consistent so your readers know to come back and see something new to read. Even get a guest blogger which can be interesting for a bit of variety."
- Oloni at Simply Oloni
9. "I started my blog about travelling because I enjoyed it so much, and then people starting reading it so it just do what you love and it will progress naturally."
- Sophie at Sophie's Suitcase
10. "Be real. Whilst it's great showing the glamorous side, you can show the days when it's not so great too."
- Grace at Ugly Face of Beauty
Read the article at Cosmopolitan